Sunday, October 16, 2011

Oh, how I love Christmas!

It is in the air.  It has been since the "ber" months started.  The music is playing.  The decorations are going up.  Excitement is in the air.  I am not sure what part of Christmas I like the most but I like the season.  I suppose it would start with the carols.  My favorite?  Wow.  That's a hard one.

"I am dreaming of a white Christmas."  I love that one.  Silent night.  Joy to the world.  Jingle bells.  I even like Rudolph and Frosty.  I love Christmas trees all bright and cheery.  I love the lights, the gatherings, the gifts.  I like to give and receive.  What a beautiful way to tell someone we care.

I do not know what day our Lord was born into our world.  It probably was not the 25th of December.  There were 364 other days He could have chosen.  I am not sure it really matters.  What I do know is Jesus was born and we should celebrate his birthday.  After all most of celebrate our own birthdays.

There are some who say they do not believe in Christmas.  I am not sure why or what they mean by making such a declaration.  Do they not believe that Jesus came?  If He did come why not celebrate.  In stating we do not believe in something we are making a statement of personal principle.  Being a principle we must not violate it in anyway.  We must reject the Christmas bonus.  We must not accept gifts and tell the giver that it is against our principle.  We must not attend any Christmas gathers.  After all our religious convictions are on the line here.

As for me and my house we will celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  The decorations are up.  The kitchen is preparing.  The smells are in the air.  Let's celebrate.  Its Jesus' birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment