Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A few questions for the atheist.

What's the point?  I do not mean the point of your belief but the point of anything.  Nothing really makes much sense without God.  If there is no God then who decides what is right and what is wrong?  Right must be whatever I say is right.  You may disagree but it doesn't matter.  I decide.  Since there is no One to whom I must answer then the consequences of my decisions are rightly deserved.  You go your way and I'll go mine.  However, what will happen is our paths will cross and our rights and wrongs will clash.  I suppose it then depends on who is the strongest.  If you win then I will be forced to agree with you but that doesn't mean you are right.  It is your force that mandates the course.

If there is no God then I must act quickly to seize what I can of life because it is quickly slipping away.  I must eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow I die.  I just go away to be vaguely remembered for a time but then RIP.  What I gain in this life must be enjoyed quickly and to the utmost.  This is all there is.

Of course, I should live by some moral standard  but that is confusing too.  Who sets this standard?  Who is to enforce it.  You have no right to force your morals on me.  Further, you have no right to judge me.  By what standard do you plan on using.  If you are going to enforce your ethical way of life on me then you become god.  But you said there is no God.  I forgot.

The Bible, which is a very good book, says that it is the fool who says, "There is no God."  I can understand that. You have to be a fool to believe that.  This seems to be a foolish argument.  No God doesn't make any sense whatsoever.  This belief takes away life itself.  There simply is no real purpose outside of God.  Pleasure would have to be the only purpose and that pleasure you would have to decide on for yourself.  Our pleasures would probably not get along with each other.

Oh well, enough of this foolish talk.  There is a God and all men will know that in time.  My pleasure is in my relationship with Him.  My daily walk with Him brings a meaningful purpose to all I do.  What joy indeed.  You that have a problem believing in a personal God might want to reconsider your belief.   God is worth knowing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment