Sunday, November 20, 2011

South China Morning Post and other great newspapers

The joy of holding in your hands a great newspaper is just that.  A joy.  One of first things I do in arriving in Hong Kong is buy newspapers.  I read about Myanmar's New Dawn.  Is it really possible?  Aung San Sii Kyi takes a deep breath.  She is pondering her next move.  Hillary is to visit Myanmar (Burma) December the 1st.  I read about Obama's victory in his Asian whirlwind stops.  I am not sure what the victory was suppose to be.  Thaksin former disgraced ex-preimer of Thailand refuses a pardon.  What is he up to?  Former president Arroyo has been arrested.  She has suddenly  become gravely ill.  Pope preaches in voodoo city.  Wow!  Woman risked life for a bigger bottom.  I just read them.  Whites are returning to S. African.  Maybe its not such a bad place.  Chinese people help Ai Weiwei pay his taxes.  What's the next government's harassing move?  The increasing lure of female suicide bombers.  What have they been promised?  Life in Hong Kong in an 18 sq ft cubicle. The poor are everywhere.  Tiger delivers to silence the critics.  We'll see.  A great newspaper.

Sue and I are off to a lunch with some Indian friends at their home.  Great food ahead.  I love their curry, tandoori chicken, naan, long tea, spices, spices.  Can't wait.  Got to go.






No comments:

Post a Comment