Monday, January 2, 2012

There are things I would like to know about 2012

God has never detailed our future.  He speaks at times about certain things He feels we may need to know. But, on the whole, the future is God's.  Whether tomorrow or for a year, each day comes as God wills it. I hear the would be prophets talk eloquently about what has in some way been revealed to them.  I hear and sometimes I ponder on it.  But usually not for long.  Each day will some with its surprises.  Sometimes joyful things.  At other times sad, hurtful things.

As the year unfolds I pray that I will be able to respond as my Father would want me to.  He knows I have questions.  And if there is a need, He will reveal it.  But the Christian way is and always will be the way of faith.  Faith in a kind, loving Father who will always keep the future under His control.

What would I like to know?  Oh, I would like to know the time of His coming.  But, I know, that's on His calendar not mine.  I would like to know about my health.  There are things I would like to know about those I love.  Will the year be prosperous or will it be hard.  I do not know.

I remember Jesus ever so gently telling His followers, "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by His own authority."  (Acts 1:7)  I can live with that.  I can trust my Lord enough to live one day at a time.  Each day will arrive and God will be the One who has brought it.  I will try my best to enjoy each one He gives me.  I'll try to please Him as best I can.  I will strive for His smile of approval as each day closes.

God bless your tomorrows.  Live with the calm assurance that your Father will always be there for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment