Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Bibles for China

Last night I had a wonderful dinner with Pastor Hong Yang and his wife Esther.  I was joined by Sue and my daughter Beth, husband and my two precious grand children  I was so glad my family was there to hear up to date news of China.  Through this pastor I have met many underground pastors who face the most severe trials in order to preach, teach and live out their Christian faith.

Dr Hong told of the severe shortage of Bibles in China.  Even though, the Chinese government tells the world that there are Bibles being published in their country and everyone who really wants a Bible can get one.  This is propaganda.  The underground churches have one Bible for every few hundred people.  Many Christians hand write their own Bibles.  They share them among themselves.

Dr Hong then shared how he came to know Jesus by hearing the Bible.  He was 20 years of age and had gotten very special permission to read the Bible.  Because of his studies he was given two weeks to read the forbidden book.  He began in Genesis chapter one where he found that God had created man in His image. He had always been taught and believed in evolution.  Something happened deep inside of him.  He read as fast as he could.  He started writing as much of the Bible he could in the two weeks.

The reading of the Bible brought him into a personal relationship with Jesus.  "Faith comes from hearing the word."  The power of the word will change a person's life.  We must do everything we can to get Bibles to these dear people.  I will be visiting the underground churches in April.  I know some of the pastors already.  I need to know more about what we can do.

In the mean time, pray.  Let us seek guidance from our Lord who just what we can do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment