Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Surprised by the New Year

The child in me likes surprises.  I even enjoy using the word surprise when I can.  It is pleasant.  The surprises that come from the hand of our Lord are not always seen as such.  We sometimes receive them without much thought and subsequently no thanks is given for them.

I am not sure many consider the giving of time to us by our Lord as a surprise.  We take it and off we go into our world of activities. Not considering how precious the gift of time is.

Next Sunday morning our Lord will surprise us with a New Year.  It will not be the same as the year we are leaving and it will hold all kinds of surprises as we enjoy each new day.  2011 brought so many surprises and I am looking forward to 2012 and all that our Lord will give to us.

There is a verse in Psalm 139:16 that fills my mind full of thoughts at times like this.  David writes, "All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be."  I do not have some deep theological explanation to add to this.  My only thoughts are that God is in control and what He hands me each day will be good for me.

God bless your surprises for 2012.  You do not know now what they will be but you do know that each day will comes from the loving hands of a Father that loves you deeply.  From His hands to yours.  I will be good.  HAPPY NEW YEAR.



No comments:

Post a Comment